Upcoming Events for 2022
PALPRAC Webinar Series 2022
The PALPRAC Webinar Series is available to PALPRAC Members, and registration is open on our Membership ‘self-serve’ platform. Please login and register for the event via the events page on your Membership homepage.
Login to your PALPRAC Membership profile, select register for an event and select the events you would like to attend.
Members will be able to access recordings of ALL PALPRAC Webinar Series via our MEMBERSHIP PLATFORM, login here.
TOPICS for 2022:
- 23 February 2022: PATZ Demonstration palliative care platform for interdisciplinary collaboration introduction, presented by Drs Shannon Odell, Martin Bac & Frans Baar.
- 11 May 2022: Your story, my story, and the medical history somewhere in the middle. From the world’s most boring dissertation to embracing a writing life., presented by Drs Barbara Matthews & Dawn Garisch.
- 1 June 2022: Understanding the Experiences of Adolescents and Young Adults with cancer in a Northern Cape Public Health setting, presented by Drs Leana Spies and Julia Ambler.
- 20 July 2022: The feasibility of integrating palliative care into primary health care for lung disease patients in Cape Town, presented by Dr Lindsay Farrant. REGISTER
- 7 September 2022: Palliative Care in MDR-TB, presented by Drs Shannon Odell & Thilo Govender. REGISTER
- 26 October 2022: Serious Illness Conversations in Zulu Patients, presented by Dr Louise Walker. REGISTER
PALPRAC PalliCHAT 2022
PALPRAC PalliCHAT Conversations are CPD accredited discussion forums available to our PALPRAC Members free of charge, healthcare professionals are invited to join these informative discussion panels at a fee of R50.
TOPICS for 2022:
- 24 March 2022: Role of Palliative Care during a Pandemic, presented by Dr Craig Howes.
- 11 May 2022: Role of Spirituality in Palliative Palliative Care, presented by Fr Rick Bauer.
- 23 June 2022: Adolescence in Palliative Care, presented by Nellie Kumaralingam. REGISTER
- 28 July 2022: Caring for the Carer, presented by Kelly du Plessis. REGISTER
- 25 August 2022: Dignity, presented by Dr Raksha Balbadhur. REGISTER
- 29 September 2022: The Intersection of Palliative Care & Ethics Service, presented by Dr Shannon Odell. REGISTER
- TBC: Sexuality in Palliative Care, presented by Petra Burger.
- Balance of Events TBC. If you have any proposed topics you would like to see covered, please email us email@example.com
Members will be able to access recordings of ALL PALPRAC PalliCHATs via our MEMBERSHIP PLATFORM, login here.